This is not an official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

For more information, contact Chris Jones, skjones8@juno.com

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Patriotic Spirit

I want to dedicate this post to America and the upcoming 4th of July, the holiday celebrating the freedoms that we enjoy as a country. When I was younger, saying the Pledge of Allegiance and singing The Star Spangled Banner always meant so much to me, but as I have gotten older it means even more because of the understanding of the amazing country that we are blessed to live in. It brings tears to my eyes often, tears of pride, joy and thankfulness. I am incredibly grateful to all who have given or risked their lives to give us the freedoms that we enjoy. I am proud to be an American and hope that all of you celebrate this 4th of July holiday with family and friends and truly be grateful for all we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment