This is not an official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

For more information, contact Chris Jones, skjones8@juno.com

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Many Natural Uses of Lemons



Diane Jones of the Alkali Creek Ward has been using lemons for more than lemonade. Here are some of her ideas.

THIS is what I have tried and now do.

I learned in my early 20's that I was allergic to deodorants and had to find an alternative. The best one so far has been 5 to 7 drops of lemongrass oil to olive oil. I put it in a small traveler's container and have my natural deodorant. I have also added lavender oil once in awhile for a change.

I love blueberries and they seem to stain under my fingernails if they are juicy. I put some fresh squeezed lemon juice in a bowl and dip my fingernails in it...they come out looking white and clean.

If you have a garbage disposal, put in a half of a lemon while it is running and it will keep your disposal smelling clean and fresh.

Rub lemon onto the stains on your cutting boards and let it sit. It will bleach the board and disinfect it at the same time.

When I washed my whites last I added 1/2 Cup of fresh lemon juice and I liked how they turned out. I would probably do that again. This was mentioned in the magazine REAL SIMPLE.

I take a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice with water in the morning before eating anything. It is to jump start my liver to get it ready to digest the food I will eat.

I liked this idea in the magazine REAL SIMPLE that suggested that you put your favorite fragrant oil on the inside of the toilet-paper tube. "Everytime the paper is used, the scent will be released." Karyn Siegel-Maier

No comments:

Post a Comment