This is not an official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

For more information, contact Chris Jones, skjones8@juno.com

Friday, April 8, 2011

KIDS SAY THE CUTEST THINGS

Hopefully everyone had the opportunity to watch at least part of General Conference this past weekend. I was able to watch Sunday morning session with my daughter and her family. One of the songs sung was The Spirit of God. Between sessions my granddaughter and I were in the kitchen fixing lunch and she was singing this song. She said, "I just can't get it out of my head" and now I can't either. I'll always remember this little darling singing "we'll scream and we'll shout". An article in the February Ensign says, "Singing hymns can invite the Spirit into our Church meetings, our homes, and our everyday lives." President J. Reuben Clark Jr. of the First Presidency taught, "We get nearer to the Lord through music than perhaps through any other thing except prayer." What a blessing it is to be able to hear not only Prophets speak but also choirs sing beautiful, inspiring music in the comfort of our own homes. And did you know that the Church has provided a Web site for accessing the hymns? Music.lds.org includes music and lyrics that can be read, downloaded, or played as well as instructions for playing hymns and leading music.

No comments:

Post a Comment