This is not an official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

For more information, contact Chris Jones, skjones8@juno.com

Monday, March 8, 2010

Freezing Avocados


I usually buy avocados in a bag to get a better deal. Sometimes, I don't use the bag before the avocados become overripe. I discovered that avocados freeze well. Who knew?
Add Image

Here's how to freeze an avocado:
Pick avocados that yield gently when squeezed. Remove the rind and pit and mash well with a fork.

Add 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice per avocado.
Mix well. The juice keeps the avocado from getting brown and icky looking.











Put the avocado in a labeled bag and freeze. Defrost overnight in fridge and use as a sandwich spread, taco topping, guacamole recipe, or any other way you like your avocado. You won't be able to tell it isn't fresh and you'll always have avocados on hand!





2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome tip! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Who knew? I love avocados, but my husband doesn't (no kids at home anymore to help eat them up). So, I was trying to eat them up as soon as the ripened and sometimes that meant two or three in one day! I also buy them from Costco, by the bagful. So I am really happy to find that I can freeze them for later use! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete