This is not an official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

For more information, contact Chris Jones, skjones8@juno.com

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Family Home Evening Love

This idea comes from the blog of one of my extended family members. My niece-in-law made cute little containers like these for each family member. She said they had a Family Home Evening lesson about love. They then encouraged their children to write love notes to each other which they read each night.

I thought it was such a cute idea that I stuck some vinyl letters on some boxes for my grandkids so that I could put notes and small surprises into them when they visit. They were delighted! It wasn't long until they were drawing their own love notes to me, each other, and their Mom. These tin containers come from the dollar section of a local Heights store, and I've seen slightly larger, slightly more expensive versions at the fabric stores in town. Any container will do- a small bucket, a box, a jar--I even think my grandkids would love to have made and decorated their own container.

No comments:

Post a Comment