This is not an official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

For more information, contact Chris Jones, skjones8@juno.com

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Did You Know? Blenders and Mason Jars

  Do you know that the blades for your blender also fit a standard mason jar? As we enter the holiday cooking season, it's handy to use a mason jar when you don't have time to wash the blender jar. Oster blenders used to come with a mason jar to be used in this way--my original one did. You can use either the pint or quart size.


Just put your food to be blended into the mason jar and screw your base on.

Invert onto your blender,


and blend as usual.
Mason jars work especially well for chopping nuts or whole spices.
Several years ago when my blender stopped working, I kept the base part with the blades. Now I have 2 sets of bases and when I'm in a hurry, I don't have to wash anything until I'm all done if I need to use the blender a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment